Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Old woman


Reading glasses are kind of a new thing for me. My younger (prettier, smarter, sweeter) sister says she has needed them for a while now so she can't feel too badly for my finally needing them. Hats, however, are not a new thing.
I am amazed when I look back and see how often pictures show I have worn them over the course of my life. I like hats. The one I have on below is a special favorite. I had it on at my grandbaby's softball game the other even and the Hub took my pic. (It might look like a selfie but it is not.)
I am happier to be at the game and wearing a hat against the strong west sun than  I look.


It's just that the sun was in my face.


 I am quite obviously less happy to be wearing the reading glasses; cool though they may be. I was working on a Bible study lesson with the Hub when this one was taken. There's no makeup on that face, just those big ole readers.
I am just now getting used to having to wear them. Other than sunglasses, I've never really had to wear them, except at football games and the movies. Distance has been a challenge for a few years but up close was not a problem. Until I hit fifty and a half. That is when my eyes and certain parts of the rest of me decided I was old.
Really, it's best not to argue with one's self. If a girl lives long enough she becomes a woman and eventually, an old woman.
So that's it. The admission I've been loathe to make.
It didn't hurt so much after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment