Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"Collecting"

I am fully expecting some blog comments from various friends and family members about my "collections" (blue and white and otherwise) being a product a tendency toward excess. And that's ok. They are entitled to their opinions. They could even create a blog and write their opinions down. Then I could leave comments with my opinions about their opinions.
Their opinion, I'm afraid, is that I am an eccentric woman who is getting worse with age.
My daughter's beau, recently called me a "hoarder."
 I would have been mad at him except he had spent an afternoon scouring antique and resale shops for vintage buttons with me.. He was a good sport who did not hesitate to accompany me when I asked him to come along. I bought him a nice lunch for his trouble. He reported to his sweetie that we had a "screaming good time" but further informed her that her mom was a hoarder.
(For the record, the buttons were for a very good cause: snowman kits to make and give as Christmas gifts.)
I expect a lot of folks would agree with him. I have readily admitted to being sentimental. My discovery of "Pinterest" has done nothing to help my  tendency to "collect" things. I have "collected" many, many Pins, in fact, and have a growing number of "Pin Boards."

No comments:

Post a Comment