Wednesday, November 2, 2016

New pair of shoes







A friend of mine tells the story of her brother when they were children that I’ve always found hysterical. It seems the brother caught unmitigated grief from she and an additional brother for watching his feet when he got new shoes. He always insisted on wearing new shoes out of the store, she has told me more than once ay my urging, so he could watch himself walk. 
Why I’ve always found this so funny is as much a  mystery to me as why they gave him such a hard time. I will confess, I’ve given my own siblings grief about much smaller things that this. 
I bring this story up because I bought a new pair of shoes last week. I not only put them on immediately, but I caught myself looking down at my feet in my new shoes.
I started to call my friend and confess but decided I would send her the link to this blog post so she could read it (and see my shoes) for herself.  And maybe I was a little afraid of  the grief she might bring to bear.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment