Tuesday, January 26, 2016

On Mullin Drive



Watching some of those old television programs about families and family times
always makes me nostalgic. Mostly, I miss the times my sisters and I spent at our grandparent's house or that of on of our great aunt and uncle's who lived nearby.  As I've written before, when I close my eyes, I can still hear the sound of cards being shuffled for a lively game of canasta or the clicking together of dominoes. I can still hear the voices, now long since transitioned from this world to the next (and better) one,
My grandbaby and her granddad/my Hub, have been watching "Mayberry, RFD" among other oldies of late, hence my waxing nostalgic enough to call up my sisters and mama and set something of a family play date,
It was pot roast and the guessing game, Taboo, Not everyone played, some napped, others watched football and the youngest among us generally entertained the rest of us between matches.  There was much reminiscing and laughter. It was the stuff I hope the children who were there will remember when they think of old folks and old times. Now, who is planning the next play date?


Note: Mullin Drive was chosen for the title of this blog post because it is the address of my baby sister, who hosted play date I described above.

rem·i·nisce
ˌreməˈnis/
verb
gerund or present participle: reminiscing
  1. indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events.
    "they reminisced about their summers abroad"
    synonyms:remember, remember with pleasure, cast one's mind back to, look back on, be nostalgic about, recallrecollect, reflect on, call to mind
    "we reminisced about Freddy's first Christmas with us"




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment