Saturday, October 26, 2013

hold your horses

 
My little grand girl is growing up too fast for me.
I have enjoyed (almost) every minute I've ever spent with her. I am thankful that there have been so many of them.
I recently heard someone say that when we are young time crawls. As we get older, it walks and then runs. As we grow older still, it flies. That is where I am.
Like my grandbaby, time goes too fast for me these days. She crawled and walked all too soon. She has always run fast and it seems to me she runs faster all the time.
Never am I more aware of how fast she and time are growing than when I compare pictures of her at various times and in various seasons to that of other times and seasons. The pictures above make the point. That's her granddad walking beside her on a pony at our local Sorghum Day festival. The pictures were taken almost exactly five years apart.
The chubby cheeked little baby in the top row is now the lanky little first grader in the bottom three.
And it has happened too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment