Saturday, October 26, 2013

scenes from sorghum day

 
This being my third post about the Sorghum Festival in as many days, you may pick up on the fact that it is something my family and I like.  My eldest child says it is her third favorite day of the year: right behind her birthday and Christmas.
It is one of my favorite days, too. Here's why:
the weather is usually perfect
it is like a combination family/class reunion/pilgrimage (people with even loose ties to the community make the annual jaunt to attend the event)
the glee and delight exhibited when the aforementioned folk run into each other
the craft booths and craft demonstrations
the various food booths (especially the roasted corn)
the sorghum mules, harnessed to the sorghum making apparatus
the live music


 

No comments:

Post a Comment