Thursday, June 12, 2014

straight to the heart

<


div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">

The handsome little gent I am holding in the picture to the left is my nephew Kassidy. It was taken the summer of 1991. If it does not depict the first time I held him, it is at least one of the first times. I told him, on his birthday that just passed, that when they put him in my arms, he slipped into my heart. It is true.

He was an absolutely delightful baby and he remains so. He graduated from the University of Oklahoma a few weeks ago with a degree that will serve him well as he works in the family business. His awards and accomplishments and accolades are astounding, even to an auntie who knew he would be going places.

Indeed it is the places he has been going and will go that is at the heart of this blog post.

Between his graduation and reporting for his first post graduation employment, he took a trip to Africa. It was a missions trip. It was not his first and almost certainly will not be his last. You see, this smart, handsome, accomplished young gent has a heart for missions.

It it is his heart for Christ that drives his trips, his outlook, his direction. The same is the subject of his blog, the link to it I share here. You can read more about him and his great adventures there, lest you think I am just an overly proud aunt.

P.S. I am an overly proud aunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment