Sunday, June 8, 2014

the day after Recital
















the  more I reflect on it, the better it gets.

Some of the dances I had seen at competition but some I had not. Several of my darlings performed over the course of the evening.

I held my newest great nephew from intermission until the last number.

The grandbaby and her ballet class danced to "Let It Go" her new favorite (along with half or more of the civilized world, it seems) and "Hard Knock Life" from the musical "Annie."

She and her fellow dancers were costumed in things that have not seen much life since she disavowed wearing smocked garments. (It was bound to happen and though she put her foot down a full year before her aunt, I had to concede and stop making them for her to wear.)

The finishing touch to her costume was an apron that belonged to her Mimi's grandmother (who would be her great, great grandmother.)

I was slightly less gratified than Mimi regarding my sentimental attachment to the costumes.

My great niece Lilliann, my grandmother's namesake, who I call "Buttons" performed splendidly, as did the grandbaby's sister, but then, she always does. "Sissy" has been in competition dance for most of her life and it shows. She's front and center at recital, from the opening number to the finale. This year, the theme was "Turn it Up." The grandbaby danced with her sis, adding yet another proud moment to an evening full of them.

You can see from the pix I've included just how grand an evening it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment