Friday, August 28, 2015

Antiquing




One of my favorite memories of summer is the day the Hub brought the Grandbaby over for lunch. They both had the day off. I did not.
I only had an hour to play with them but we made the most of it. We went to the antique store across the street from my work. There we explored the many fun and unusual objects on display.
In one display, the Grandbaby found pictures of herself and was delighted.
 



The pix once hung on a vintage clothesline display of Christmas cards. After the holidays passed, they were moved to another spot in the store where I hoped she would spy them and be as tickled as I was when I first saw them there. She was.



There is a baby doll in the store that I've been looking at for a while. I showed it to her to see if she would want it: doll lover that she is. She said no thank you. It is nice but I have enough dolls. Alas, we moved on.


She loved looking at the old children's books and sat a spell to read from some of them. She was also pleased to find any number of roosters, as that is her nickname.

It was a lovely hour. We need to have more of those unscheduled times where we have no agenda or requirement... at least for a time.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment