Monday, August 10, 2015

Some serious sewing


I have always loved to do needle work. Hand smocking, cross stitch (counted and stamped) are among the types I've enjoyed over the years but my favorite kind has always been crewel embroidery.
I've passed many happy hours doing crewel work. Almost every vacation we've ever taken I've carried a little bag with some piece all hooped up and ready for completion.
A recent trip south to visit favorite people and places was not different.
This time, though, I put in an extra hoop and some old school iron on motifs so I might introduce  my grandbaby to my longtime hobby. The pictures below will show you how she took to it. By the trip's end, she was cutting her own thread, threading her own needle and making solid progress on the piece she started enroute to the beach. She made more progress between the beach and New Orleans. By the time we were back at her cousin's in Baton Rouge, she was so pleased with herself and her work that she declared her intention to make a dress for her favorite stuffed animal "Wolfie" our of the finished piece.
I will, of course, post a picture of the "dress" once it's ready to wear. For now I am just jazzed that the grandbaby likes to do hand embroidery.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment