Sunday, May 11, 2014

such a big girl now

My grandbaby is really not a baby anymore. In just a few days she will finish first grade. She is losing baby teeth.
Almost all the things we used to do for her, she can now do for herself. Even the things we would still do for her. she prefers to do for herself.
This was never so clear to me as the other day when she insisted on blow drying and fixing her own hair. The truth is, if I could, I would have someone fix my hair every day rather than to do it myself. Maybe if I did so good a job on mine as she does these days on hers, I would not mind so much.
What I do mind, without reservation, is that fact that my grandbaby is such a big girl now. A grandgirl, if you will. Though I have no intention (until she absolutely makes me) in calling her anything other than my grandbaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment