Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pray Day

I spent the national Day of Prayer in my bed recuperating from a bad reaction to some anesthetic. I did not attend a prayer service or vigil as I have in years past. No luncheon or dinner. Rather, I stayed alone and prayed alone. For our nation, for the Church, local and universal. I prayed for our leaders, our children, our world. I prayed regarding our community. The legacy my generation will leave was part of that. I prayed that I would focus more on prayer, personally. It was a day long focus of what I intend will be a life long endeavor.
I thought throughout the day set aside for prayer of the verse my paternal grandmother so loved:

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. [2 Chronicles 7:14]


She was a pray-er, as was her mother. The daughter and a granddaughter of a Baptist preacher, they were raised on prayer. Just as I was. And for that I am thankful. I am also thankful to live in a nation where I am free to pray and in fact, am invited to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment