Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The best Mother's Day

These are my daughters. I spent Mother's Day with them. I also saw their brother but no one took a photo. Anytime I spend time with these kiddos it's a good day but this day was especially good.
Not just because it was Mother's Day.
While I loved eating at our favorite seafood restaurant and walking around the Market. and I loved sitting in a wooden booth with them in our favorite bookstore, drinking coffee and looking at magazines, the fact that the one on the left is walking without a walker or cane or crutches in flip flops on her own legs without needing a wheelchair made the day extra spectacular.
Since early last fall, she has had very limited mobility. A broken ankle on one leg and a break in one of the larger bones in the other have been way too slow healing for taste and ours.
Several casts, braces, immobilizers later, she is finally able to walk without any aid at all.
The depression and frustration caused by her mobility restrictions have lifted.
Her sister, there with her on the left, is now a law school graduate about to hunker down for bar exam prep.
This Mama had a lot to celebrate and be thankful for on Mother's Day.
As far as their brother goes, he continues to struggle with his own illness. If you read this and you pray, I would ask that you pray for him. Wellness is possible, his oldest sister is proof of that. Though their struggle are different in some ways, in other ways they are the same.
Determination is something both his siblings know something about.Would that he could get on that same track.
Until then, I am going to keep praying and hope that others will join me.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment