Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Smocked garments

I am working on what I believe may be the last thing I smock for my only grandchild. Her mother and aunt, have declared her to be too old for smocked things.

My daughter tells me that she cannot handle the thought that her precious neice would have to wear clothes with smocking as long as she did. She vows and declares that I made her wear smocked dresses until she was in something like junior high.
Not true!
I am pretty sure I wasn't able to make her wear them much past the fifth grade. But I sure made them and caused and compelled her to wear them as long as I could!

 
Pictured above, my baby daughter wearing
a dress I smocked for her back in the day.
Same with the grandbaby. She has started to balk. I have started to bribe her.
Her mother and auntie, as mentioned above, are likewise protesting.
The dress that I am working on is picture smocked with a nutcracker. It is for her to wear to the Christmas ballet next month.
After this one, my daughter tells me, geometrics only, if at all. I am sad in anticipation of non-smocked Easter and Birthday dresses. I suppose I should be happy she has worn them as long as she has.


No comments:

Post a Comment