Saturday, March 7, 2015

Salon time


I realltI really need to get my nails done," the Grandbaby said. I had offered her a reward for the big girl chapter book reading she has been doing. Where reading is concerned, I will go to great lengths to offer encouragement.
This we traveled to our favorite nail salon where the Grandbaby revealed that she knew exactly what she wanted and why. I overheard this as she chatted with the shop owner who was working on those previous little nails.
Ivey, so you know chevron, she asked. And yes, Ivey knew chevron. So a chevron pattern was painted upon those precious little nails. Then it was Ivey's sister Jan's turn. There was some consultation. It seemed the grandbaby wanted something spelled on her toe nails. D-A-N-C-E.
"For the big sister, little sister" event, scheduled for the next day at the dance studio.
The older dancers and the younger ones are paired together, apparently, for the new season, to offer encouragement and support and maybe to help with hair and makeup and costume changes. This is what I gathered from the conversation I overheard between the Grandbaby and her finger and toe nail artists/technicians.
I didn't try to get additional information. It was enough for me that she's been reading so much of late.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment