Thursday, March 5, 2015

Serial



The first message came to my sister, who is way more technologically astute than I. She is also a more avid reader and follower of the media coverage of trials, etc. Let's make that "A" on the word "Avid" capitol.
Thus, the message came to her.
It came from my baby daughter. It said: "Whatever you are doing, right now, stop and listen to "Serial."
My sister is currently in the throes (together with our other sister) of helping her husband set up a business. She is also very involved with her own three small grandchildren. Her children, a son and a son-in-law, work in the business. They are busy. She can't just stop what she's doing.
This is what I explained to my daughter who is also very busy but stopped everything recently to listen to the Podcast and all the episodes presented to date.
When I went to help her move recently, she insisted I do the same. There was a lot of driving around between her old residence and her new one and then back home again. I followed my husband, who was driving a UHaul truck and listened to the second half of its inaugural episode. The first half I listened to trapped in the back seat with my daughter who help me captive as we moved boxes, playing the first half of that episode as we drove between her old digs and her new one.
By the time she released me, she had a captive audience. I'd gotten the message and I was hooked.
I listened to the whole rest of the series the same week. Now I am left awaiting the second season fairly breathlessly.
Do you get the message?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment