Sunday, May 13, 2012

Buon appetito!

I intended the watch at least the first part of the film "Eat, Pray, Love" where the character played by Julia Roberts lives for a time in Italy, learning the Italian language and eating Italian food. Having never met a piece of bread I didn't like and being quite partial to pasta, I thought it would be fun to make a list of the things she ate in the movie and then cross them as we tried/consumed them. I never got around to making the list.
A friend recommended that I tried gnocchi. I was already a fan of gelato, so I had a list of two things on my Italian to get list.


A quick repast between sights...








A waiter recommended this mascarpone-based dessert to us.
It was as yummy as he said it would be!

T
A lovely mushroom pizza!

This is the meal the waiter/cook, the Baby Sister dubbed Gepetto made.


Certainly, the food was on display. Some it on ice, right in carts near the entrance to the restaurants.

The places where one gets to enjoy the bounty of Italy are likewise delicious! Below are just three  examples:

No comments:

Post a Comment