Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cousin pictures

We took the grandbaby to have Valentine's pictures made on Saturday. The photographer, who is like family (and someone just might be) arranged appointments for us so that ours overlapped with that of my two nieces so that we were able to get photos of all of my mother's great grandchildren together.
We told her if she would be cooperative, we would take her to a cupcake/candy store nearby as a reward.
She is the oldest of the great grandchildren. The younger ones fall immediately behind her, like little stair steps. The youngest is not yet six months old.
Mama has always favored group photos. The ones we took/had taken of her grandchildren almost almost are a fiasco. I recall once when one of the children fell of the bench they were placed on for the photo. That one cried and several cousins cried along, too. Whether out of fear or sympathy or some other things, I do not know. I do know, it was and is, something of an ordeal.
I expected Saturday to be the same. It was not. The kids were so well behaved. They laughed and played between shots and coaxed smiles from each other during individual photos.
I could hardly believe how smoothly it went.
The pictures are to be posted tomorrow night. I can hardly wait to see them. If they turn out as well as the session(s) did, my Mama is going to be a very happy camper come Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment