Friday, January 4, 2013

The (unintentional) grinch's mountain

I am a big fan of Pinterest, as is my daughter. I use it much as I did angry birds... to pass time. My daughter, though, actually makes the things she places on her pin boards.
 Her pin projects, like much else that she does, tend to be quite successful. The one pictured below, not so much so, at least in her opinion.
 In the picture, even my darling grandbaby looks sad about the cookie tower her auntie called an "epic" failure.
The original intent was to make an elegant cookie tower take it to a Christmas dinner the baby daughter was invited to.  It did not turn out as she planned. Several attempts to rehabilitate the project were not to her satisfaction.
As it sat there, abandonedon the kitchen counter, I was reminded of  the tree from the Charlie Brown Christmas inspection.
I wondered if it could not still be salvaged.
 Maybe because I had been watching some of the old classic cartoons, I decided the cookie tree looked like the Grinch's mountain. Every year, we  have some theme for the girls' annual Chistmas tea. Standing there looking at the cookie tower, leaning not unlike the tower in Pisa, the idea of a Grinch tea came to me.
Baby daughter had already made a Grinch punch from a recipe that either came from Pinterest or ought to be on there.  It was an epic success. (Did I mention that most things she does are?!)
I am calling the cookie tower a success, too! It made a perfect Grinch Party centerpiece.






 
Posted by Picasa

W

No comments:

Post a Comment