Tuesday, November 12, 2013

for the love of apples

 
I went to the local market the other day to get apples.
The grandbaby had requested some on her last visit and  I wanted to accommodate her request so I set out to pick some up.
Trouble is, I had difficulty picking them out.
Which kind to get?
Granny Smiths? Gala apples?  Honeycrisps?  Braeburns?  Fiji? Pink Lady?
I went with one of each.
 Then I decided to make a game of it.
We did a taste test with  them to decide which was our favorite.
We like apples so the choice was not easy.
Here are the results.
For eating: the pink lady apples and the honeycrisp tied.
We decided we like granny smith's better for cooking than snacking because of their tartness.
The gala and fuju apples were ok, but just that.
Maybe, we decided, with some caramel we would like them better.
Which means another trip to the market!

No comments:

Post a Comment