Monday, March 3, 2014

Iced in!


I did not have to go into work today because of the weather.
I had a while day, unexpectedly wide open.
I was thrilled to have the time to finish up some projects I've had in the works for a while.
First I have finished smocking a day gown for a friend's grandbaby.
Then I finished a quilted nap pillow for a co worker's birthday.
I did some some journaling. Then I scrapbooked a while.
I clean out emails
I  sewed a little more: this time on a quilted duvet cover. There are two I Spy quilts cut out and ready to sew but I am rather sewed out just now.
I've almost finished reading a long unfinished  biography
I am a huge proponent of solitude.
I don't get much of it so you would think I would be relishing the one-on-one time the weather outside today has afforded me.
Strangely, uncharacteristically, I am not.
I am marking the time until my husband, whose job required him to be out and about whatever the weather, returns home. Maybe some of it is my concern for his safety. Certainly I am looking forward to his company.
But it occurs to me that I have not enjoyed alone time the way I usually do. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment