Thursday, August 28, 2014

Naps under a buzz fan


I am a serious fan of naps. By that, I mean that naps are among my favorite things in the history of ever. I can't recall that I ever had to be made to take a nap. Usually, in fact, it is my idea.
I take one almost any time I can.
I love to take naps, most of all, under a fan. I learned to love napping that way as a child when my sisters and I would adjourn during the heat of the day to the big screened porch at the back of my grandparents' house to snooze under a buzz fan that looked a whole lot like the one below.

We were warned that the thing would bite our fingers off if we got them too close. We couldn't resist putting our faces up as close to the blades as we dared to make our voices buzz along with the whirring fan. We were careful to do this outside adult detection though, for napping would not have been the same if they'd followed through on the threat to take it away if we got too close. Napping then and and napping now, just wouldn't be the same if it were not under a fan.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment