Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Gwendolyn: the saga continues

I found my Gwendolyn and her gear in the most obvious of places. She was on the Hub's big desk-- the one that belonged to his father. It is a ginormous thing that dominates his office/mancave. I had been wrapping gifts on the game table nearby and should have thought to look there long before I did.
I was after yet another role of scotch tape when I found her. I was wrapping a birthday gift on New Year's Day to take to one of the two family birthday parties we celebrated at on the first weekend of 2014. 
I was tempted to hold on to the doll, the bag I made to go with her and its contents until my niece's birthday as I mentioned in an earlier blog post. When it came right down to it, though, I really couldn't stand to wait for my niece to have her.
I took the belated Christmas gift to the first of the pair of birthdays. The recipient went to work right away, using her real and doll sized office supplies.
I whispered to her that when these were used up, I'd make sure she had more stuff to work with. She seemed pleased and I surely am. I'd begun to fear the doll Gwendolyn and her gear were lost to us forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment