Thursday, January 9, 2014

time flies

Christmas came quicker this year and was over sooner than I ever remember.When I was a child, it was forever between Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas. A friend of mine quotes her father as saying that when one is a child, time crawls. as an adolescent it walks, as an adult it runs and then ultimately it flies. I must be in the ultimately category cause this year time surely is flying.
I didn't listen to all the Christmas music I wanted to listen to or  watch all the all movies I wanted to watch.
Epiphany is fast approaching yet I am dreading taking down my decorations. They don't seem to have been up nearly long enough. 
I never got around to watching Bells of St. Mary's or Home Alone(1 or 2.)
I did listen to my favorite Christmas songs by Michael W. Smith, Jars of Clay and Faith Hill but I don't think I heard the "Carol of the Bells" even once.
 I am wearing reading glasses now.
My doctor says I must have certain tests now that I am over 50
And time is flying;  I dread that most of all...especially as it relates to Christmas.
Christmas this year came quicker and left sooner than I ever remember; and I think that may only get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment