Thursday, January 9, 2014

some grand great aunts


These are my sisters: each with a grand niece.
The are grand aunts, truly.
They are also great.
They were great to my kids, though they were not called great or grand, then. My grandfather used to say that when we were all together, no one could tell which of our children belonged to whom. We were as likely to bathe or feed or change one of the others' child as our own. Not all that much has changed, even now that we are well into a second generation of offspring, these belonging to our kiddos and thus, to us all.
My grandbaby loves my sisters and they love her. I love my sisters' grandbabies and I think they love me. I KNOW they love their other aunties. You can know that, too, if you look upon the faces above. The love is apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment