Thursday, June 6, 2013

familyisms...a promise of things to come

There are some phrases particular to my family. They come from past events. Their stories I want to record for posterity.

Most of them were spoken to or by the children in our family. Someday, I can imagine their children asking why their aunts and uncles and cousins use these turns of phrase and quotations. If they read this blog, they'll know... at least from my point of view and as much as I can remember...
Among the phrases/familisms I intend to blog:


"if my dad comes upstairs, someone is getting spanked"
"my mama never cusses but if she ever does, she hits ya too"
"hold on kids we're going in the ditch"

These are three of the best but there's more. By the end of the summer I hope to have recorded the better part of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment