Monday, June 24, 2013

Grandma Blue and Katie Pink

There is a particular shade of blue that we call "Grandma Blue."
Why she favored it I do not know.
I just know that her car and the shutters on her house, her pajamas and more than one of her church dresses were that shade of blue.
I once went to the paint store with a chip of color she wanted to match. I am not sure the poor sales clerk ever satisfied her matching the color but if not it wasn't for lack of trying.
It was her signature color. We decided that the first time we watched "Steel Magnolias" and heard the Julia Roberts character say that the colors she used in her wedding "blush and bashful" were her signature colors.
My baby  daughter has a signature color, too.  We call it "Katie pink."
It is not a pale,, baby pink. It is  vibrant like she is. It's not really hot pink though it is rather bold.
We know it when we see it; like Grandma blue.
Two of my favorite colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment