Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our Kasman



My nephew Kassidy turns 22 today. He is another of my handsome nephews. Readers of this blog already know how I love to blog about my nephews.
This one is kind. He is compassionate. He is brilliant. I've already said handsome. But I did not go on to say, he is handsome inside and out. He has, and always has had, the sweetest spirit.
If I were to record his academic and other accomplishments, you might think I was making them up, so accomplished is he.
They have been recorded elsewhere. His name is under glass in more than one place.
Instead, I am going to record a statement he made recently that reminded me of what a special guy he really is.
Kassidy's sister posted a picture of her 5 year old with a fish he caught. The caption on the photo said something about this little boy's daddy doing a fine job teaching him to fish. The little boy's Uncle Kassidy posted a comment about the same little boy being taught to be a "fisher of me."

Photo: Happy Birthday Kassidy Cook, from someone who has loved you from the start!
I've been in love with this boy since
the first time I laid eyes on him.
I have no doubt he will be. I have no doubt that "Uncle Kassidy" will help his sister and brother-in-law teach this little boy, my great-nephew (and also handsome and brilliant) to be a "fisher of men."
That little five-year-old boy and his three-year-old sister really couldn't ask for a better uncle. Their mother couldn't ask for a better brother. If you asked them, they would tell you the same. As would his cousins, and parents, and grandparents and uncles and aunts.
I am telling you, my nephew Kassidy is something special.
And I hope he has the happiest birthday in the history of birthdays today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment