Thursday, June 13, 2013

Technological advantages



One of the things on my bucket list for summer is to master the use of some of the equipment I own.
I have blogged about my technological challenges. My husband is an electrical engineer and computer genius, so I have been able to afford to be backward in this area. I also have been surrounded with folks at work and among my friends and acquaintances who are "scientific."
A friend recommended a tape machine that dispenses great rolls of archival tape that should/could make scrapbooking easier and more fun. The hub bought one for me three or so years ago. I use it all the time.  I have yet to learn how to load it.
My manicurist  recommended a sticker maker. Somebody got me one of those after I put it on my wish list. I got the small, manual version thinking I could operate it with ease. I still can't after many tries.
So that I no longer have to worry about the house catching on fire and burning up all my pictures, I decided to scan them into the computer for of site storage. It hasn't happened yet.
It amazing to me how the kids I know just jump right in.
They will tinker with it until they conquer it.
I am always afraid i will mess something up.
One of my besties is like a raccoon. She will work on something until she figures it out if she has to stay up all night.
I need to take lessons.
By the end of the summer, I hope to no longer have to get my husband or baby daughter to make a bobbin for me.
I hope to be able to load my tape dispenser gun, operate my sticker maker and my die cut machine.
I intend to get my photos scanned in to the computer.
I am putting no more gadgets on my wish lists until I master the ones I already have.
Who knows, by summer's end, I might even be printing labels!

No comments:

Post a Comment