Thursday, June 27, 2013

What I am enjoying about summer

 
 

I am not enjoying triple digit temperatures. Not at all. Though they were a long time coming this year, I still was unprepared for them.
That's one of the downsides of summer.
But as with most things, there are definite upsides.
Take for instance, cherries. I love them. Only in the summer are they so readily available. So sweet.
I also love the time to work on projects. There is a slump in social and other obligations (perhaps due to the heat) affording me the chance to try things like the ink transfer pillows pictures above. I am making them as a housewarming gift for my niece since the "Wizard of Oz" is among her and her hubby's favorite movies.
I've also been doing quite a lot of scrapbooking and blogging. And when the heat is not too harsh for an old girl; some gardening.
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment