Thursday, April 11, 2013

breakfast just a few steps away

Breakfast was served just a few steps from the front door of our room. We enjoyed the convenience and also the opportunity to visit with some of the folks serving breakfast.

I know I have gone on and on about the people in Natchez are some of the friendliest I have ever seen or heard tell of. The wait staff at the pretty breakfast pavillion at Monmouth were no exception.
One of our servers mentioned that he was a fire fighter for the fire department in Natchez. I work evenings there and mornings here, he told us, proudly. He also mentioned doing catering jobs and helping with special events and Monmouth and other places when he can find the time in his schedule.
I told him we would sleep well that night knowing someone of his ethic was on the ready in case of an emergency. I meant it!
Another of our servers was there bright and early to pour orange juice and coffee though I know for a fact she was serving Italian cream wedding cake on the patio from a silver pedestal when we went in for dinner sometime around 8 p.m. Twelve or so hours later, she was chipper and chatty and hard at work serving at breakfast.





Did I also mention they are hard working?
Well they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment