Wednesday, April 10, 2013

button jewelry

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa
 Grandmother's Buttons is the cutest shop you've ever seen. It is located in an old bank building in St. Francisville, Louisiana.
The one time I visited before, the shop much smaller than the present site and did not have nearly the inventory.
Back then, my selections were easier to make. As we had just visited Oakley House, where John James Audubon lived while he did the first several of his birds of America series, I chose button earrings with birds on them.
This time, the selecting took a considerable long time.  I had to be dragged out of the old vault where some of the most amazing button creations imaginable are housed.
I finally settled on a pair of silver button earrings that matches (kind of) the spoon ring I wear on my right hand for myself and a pair of earrings for my baby daughter with the words "non" and "oui" on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment